Emerging Trends in Media Deals: Challenges and Opportunities
Comment are off
The Entertainment, Media and Communications (“EMC”) space has become immensely complex, constantly changing and hyper-competitive. Our panel of experts comprised of investment bankers, a deal and bankruptcy lawyer, a valuation expert, and EMC executives will examine current EMC trends and transactional opportunities, both healthy and distressed, as well as provide tips and strategies for getting deals done.
Michael Corrigan, Foyle River Entertainment
Gary Marenzi, Marenzi and Associates
Roy Salter, FTI Consulting
David Kupetz, SulmeyerKupetz
Neil Morganbesser, DelMorgan & Co.
Alex Kasdan, DelMorgan & Co.
- Current media trends:
- Where is the growth?
- Changing markets
- Television, www, geographic trends
- Programming, format and distribution / legacy infrastructure
- Value of content v. “dead” libraries
- Valuation trends and outlook for the future
- Traditional model is broken: distressed opportunities
- Observations on recent distressed EMC transactions
- Getting a distressed deal done: legal landscape and structure
- Credit bidding
- In- or out-of-court restructuring
- 363 Sales
- Assignments for the Benefit of Creditors
- Discussions with lenders: pre- and post-petition
- EMC-specific issues to consider
- Capitalization, financing and transactional issues
- Selected case studies
ON DEMAND REPLAY ACCESS FEE: $275